voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by Tig See Profile

• Location: Consecon,ON
Good "Features"
Bad "Call quality and reliability goes in cycles"
Overall "I'm waiting for an up cycle."

July 2010 Recently shopped around for a new VOIP provider and settled on voip.ms because they had a local number for me. That has not been easy in the past in Canada.

I started setting up my account and bit by bit I began to understand the features they offer. SIP isn't intuitive so it's a bit of a hobby at times as one learns what they need to know. In the past I found that need to know included analyzing data traces rather than configuring features.

Voip.ms offers live chat support. I did use it once and was fixed up in three minutes start to finish.

Update Jan 2013,

I have downgraded value, reliability and quality ratings due to ongoing problems with the Toronto servers. This is the second time in the past couple years that this has been an issue. I keep the numbers alive but prefer to use less embarrassing alternatives of communication.

I wish there was a rating for customer service, so I could give a zero to VoIP.ms for dismissing related concerns in the forums as "way less problematic than a few threads would lead you to believe. Your mileage may vary" »[Voip.ms] v. [Anveo]

member for 8.1 years, 1070 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
MartinM
VoIP.ms
join:2008-07-21

...

quote:
Hello Tig,

I've never dismissed any issues, we've been working hard on Toronto, and even though we still didn't migrate, the servers are currently stable. I've posted all the progress in more than 1 thread regarding Toronto. The reply you quotes is from a locked thread.

I've addressed the concerns with Toronto in more than 1 thread already, and also what was done and is to be done to address the issues this POP was experiencing, more than once. We've been more than open with the forum crowd on this.

Have you tried the Toronto serI wish there was a rating for customer service, so I could give a zero to VoIP.ms for dismissing related concerns in the forums as "way less problematic than a few threads would lead you to believe. Your mileage may vary"

Have you tried the Toronto servers in the last few days? Let me know how it goes.
Regards,
Martin - VoiP.ms
calscouch

join:2013-01-08
Mississauga, ON

Re: ...

Just when I thought I had a good voip provider in Canada, I'm now taking the time to say don't bother with voip.ms, two reasons:

1. Call quality just isn't up to snuff...had to rely on G729 as their G711 codec was causing other issues. Too much static and delay in speech.

2. The service does not have high availability numbers. There always seems to be issues (tickets/cases) with the toronto or toronto2 servers, so I switch over to Montreal or Tampa or Newyork. But yesterday was the last straw. I can't receive inbound calls anymore, my customers calling get fast busy. It will soon be 24 hours without inbound calls, they have an open issue in their website related to this, however they are at the mercy of their trunk provider (not sure who that is).

I've now requested my numbers to be ported out to another provider, I can't operate like this, I hope I don't have to go back to Bell or Rogers for high phone costs, I was really hoping that 'you get what you pay for' wasn't true in this case...
MartinM
VoIP.ms
join:2008-07-21

Re: ...

We do not have an open issue about numbers giving a fast busy calscouch, I highly recommend you contact our support so they can help you figure that out.
Martin - VoiP.ms