voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by OldschoolDSL See Profile

• Location: Indian Orchard,Hampden,MA
Good "Very affardable & sound is outstanding"
Bad "Self install can be a little bit of a learning curve"
Overall "Over all you can not go wrong."

REVIEW ~ 05 - 18 - 2010 ~ STARTED ~
***********************************************

I have used Verizon Home Phone Service (LAN line), Vonage, and Comcast Cable, but VoIp.ms thus far is the cheapest. My monthly fee is only $0.99 (99 cents) for the number they provided me & I opted for their "Pay as you go" (pre-pay) serves.

Their pricing is very easy to understand & cheap.

$0.0125 for service use (per minute) - calling out
$0.0100 for phone number use (per minute) - calling in

If you use their caller ID serves as I do, incoming calls add another $0.008 per phone call (not per minute).

So the max price per incoming phone call is $0.02005 & only 0.0125 every minute after the first minute.

The max out going calls is only $0.0100

With a monthly fee of only $0.99 (99 cents), the average user should have a monthly bill of $5.00 - $10.00.

They do require you to make a deposit of $25.00 to start your service.
You can add more as you see fit & they go by 5's (25, 30, 35, 40, 45, ect... ect... up to 500.00 max).

The sound is "outstanding". As I have used Comcast & Vonage for VoIp, I can tell you VoIp.ms sounds just as good as a LAN Line (normal home phone), maybe better.

You will need to buy your own phone adapter (and router), as unlike Vonage or other VoIp services, they do not provide you with one. Which I viewed as a good thing... It means if you want to switch you can do so & not worry about having to return a device, paying any rental fees, or be locked into a contract (VoIp.ms has not contract).

I personally bought mine cheap on eBay (New) & am using a Linksys PapT2 Phone Adapter. Mine cost me only 14.00 (plus shipping).

The down side & only one thus far that I can think of, is you will need to learn how to setup your own device, but their site does instruct you on how & their support is very friendly. They can be reached via Live Chat, Phone, e-mail, and through their online ticket system. Which is good as I found their site a little intimidating.

I personally had a small setting incorrect at first, which allowed me to make phone called, but not receive them (my fault, not theirs). I think its the first time someone who spoke to me in a Live Chat, offered me true support & not just copy & paste from a pre-written script. Had my fully up in running in less then 5 minutes.

Thus far, I am completely satisfied with their service & value.

REVIEW ~ 08 - 28 - 2010 ~ STARTED ~
***********************************************

Almost 4 months since I joined VoIp.ms and I'm still using the same $25.00 I originally invested. I still have 4.56 to play with it.

Service is very reliable and I only needed to contact support 1x. Believe it or not, the issue was resolved with taking to their live support online (without making a single call). Issue was with my ISP & not VoIp.ms and only required I reboot my cable modem.

I would strongly recommend them.

REVIEW ~ 12 - 05 - 2010 ~ STARTED ~
***********************************************

I added $25.00 in May 2010 & its now December 2010. I finally depleted (used up) my funds (all $25.00). That's 7 months worth of phone service for only $25.00. I would suspect that the MAX I would spend with such a good rate plan, would be about $50.00 for THE YEAR.

The only issues during this time was I had to re-set my phone devise only 1x. But I could suspect that was related to my issues with my ISP (Comcast) and not related with VoIp.ms

My experience with this services has been OUTSTANDING. A+

REVIEW ~ 08- 22 - 2012 ~ STARTED ~
***********************************************

Still using original $50 which was deposited on December 2010 (almost 2 full years ago).

Company of the year. Outstanding value.

Comments: