voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by tallship See Profile

• Location: Hermosa Beach,Los Angeles,CA
Good "Excellent Pricing, Great Control Panel, and Very Stable."
Bad "Tech Support goes home at night."
Overall "You can put many eggs in one basket and spread them around various servers."

Yeah that's the one thing. I have to wait up to a day for a new DID to be added. Other than that, the service is excellent, and I've found the servers (at least the ones I've configured to use) stable and responsive.

Sure, there's no flat rate, but the rates are low. Also, there's that nagging problem of having to plan ahead for extra costs when calling cell phones in places like Australia, where we have a huge presence.

I could get flat rate service from FaktorTel (and still pay a 9 cent per connect charge) for cell phones, but after doing the math it would still be (at least for us) more than just paying the very reasonable rates that voip.ms is charging for termination.

They do IAX, but they prominently say all over their site that they recommend SIP - I'm not really sure why. I've used, and do use, both.

Their control panel reeks of comprehensiveness - I like that. Sure, it takes a while before you can get around it easily. Sure, there's a learning curve. But yes, it does pretty much everything you need it to do without having to incur human intervention.

I really like this company, although I don't recommend that anyone put all of their eggs into one basket. So spread your circuits around their various servers, and have failover going to a circuit with another provider, and you'll prolly never need to use that other provider (we use voipjet for failover).

Flat rate, inexpensive, unlimited incoming on their DIDs. I can't complain at all.

VoIP.MS is a good service.

I hope that helps

Kindest regards,

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
»NorthTech.EU

Registered Linux User #190795

"This is never going to work. You have to shut it down. Shut it down. Take the whole thing down." - James Allchin.

Comments: