voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by erfans See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Lots of features. Easily edit and access settings / CDR online."
Bad "A few hiccups here and there."
Overall "It's time you switch over to VoIP technology."

·TekSavvy Cable
Love it! I just wish there was an actual invoice (bill/statement) with your call log that you can print off like one provided by other mainstream telephone companies.

Comments:
Rojo

join:2009-04-14
New York, NY

Free?

How is FreePhoneLine free? They charge $100 to "activate" your phone and/or $50 to "unlock" VOIP.

Re: Free?

If I am not mistaken, the $100 activation comes included with:
1. Pre-configured VoIP ATA (I purchased PAP2T for $56)
2. FreePhoneLine ATA account

If you already have an ATA like many others I would assume, then it would only cost you $50 to setup an account (unlock) with FreePhoneLine. It is free in a sense that once you receive your account info (unlock key), then it becomes free for as long as you want. I pay no less than $10 monthly for VoIP.ms. Obviously, FPL would be "FREE" for me after five months with them.

Also, if you don't intend on using an ATA, then FPL is ABSOLUTELY FREE. I already have a number with them and I plan on using it with my cell as I will be getting a new cell phone with unlimited incoming

crazyk4952
join:2002-02-04
united state
·Vitelity VOIP
·Charter
·Callcentric

NAT

It sounds like you might be having a NAT issue. You may want to adjust your registration time to something below 5 minutes. If you continue to have problems with your phone not ringing, then you should open a support ticket with voip.ms OR start a new thread in the VOIP Tech Chat forum.

Re: NAT

Thank you for your response. My register is set to expire after 180 seconds. I am already in touch with voip.ms support. Phone not ringing is very rare and does not occur often. However, I am very frustrated about other issues such as phone disconnecting the moment I pick it up. There are other minor issues as well such as 1 second silences during calls and perpetual sounds every few seconds during calls. It sounds as though a button has been pressed but it does not have a beep sound to it. I have checked my DTMF and tried mango's suggestions on his blog and it did not work. I am also experiencing huge packet loss on some calls. Hence why I think this is a problem with my router and not necessarily voip.ms. I will open up a thread here if voip.ms support cannot provide me with a feasible solution. Thank you once again for your response.
borntochill

join:2003-02-09
united state

voip.ms customer portal loads quickly now.

said by erfans:

I should mention that their website loads extremely slow for me all the time. Sometimes, it really frustrates me at how slow it is. For this reason, I am giving their website a rating of two.

Try it now. It looks to me like voip.ms has fixed the slowness issue. If you agree, you might consider updating your rating for their website.

Canada

Re: voip.ms customer portal loads quickly now.

You're correct. Review has been updated. Thank you!