voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by arobincaron See Profile

• Location: Charlotte,Mecklenburg,NC
Good "Top in configuration options"
Bad "A bit slow at processing account credits"
Overall "Quality at a fair price"

My first attempt at voip was with MagicJack. I had mixed quality result and felt a bit put off by the pushy sales tactics so I ended up sending it back. I read lots of reviews before deciding to try voip.ms with a Linksys/Sipura SPA-2102. I am very happy to report that I've found everything to be as others have said. The quality of calls is very good. Loads of options to configure things so there's as you want/need. There's no hidden/poorly documented fee nor pushy sales tactics.

A minor quibble was that I had expected that they'd credit my account immediately or fairly quickly when adding funds using a credit card -- it took 12 hours. It isn't that it is too long -- just expected that since everything else was effective immediately that credits would be too. They spoiled me with everything else

Based on my expected volume of calls (~500 - 800 mins/month) I expect that my total bill will be $10 - $15/month. If the quality stays at the level I've seen at this point voip.ms will be my provider.

Comments:
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
·callwithus

This is quite common for a brand-new customer of any internet-based VoIP company. It's different from a traditional phone company or cable company that physically knows where your house is!

Fraud of all sorts is a massive problem, and the providers have to protect themselves so that they can continue to serve good folks like you.
MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON

Paypal

Using Paypal, my balance was updated immediately both times I added funds (one time to get things running, a second time for the $25 to port my number). If you have a Paypal account, you could give that a try next time.
arobincaron

join:2012-02-25
Charlotte, NC

Re: Paypal

It's good to know that Paypal balance transfers are processed immediately -- thanks.