voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by fallingover See Profile

• Location: Milwaukee,Milwaukee,WI
Good "Best Residential Provider Around"
Bad "Nothing to speak of"
Overall "An excellent provider of voip, flexible, reliable, good-sounding"

·Callcentric
Update March 21 2013
It has been a while since I reviewed Voip.Ms and reading about the new sms feature made me want to update my review.

They have always been innovative, but with the addition of sms, even in beta, I think they have shown that, all in all, they are the best residential provider around; there is nobody, unless it is Anveo, which I can not understand, who comes close to them in the ways that calls can be routed; their prices are among the lower ones, the sound is good, even using 'value', and reliability for me has been excellent.

If they would add the cellphone press 1 requirement so that my forwarded messages can't get grabbed by voicemail, they would be perfect.

+=+=+=Older Review+=+=+=
A very good company.

A few things that I have used: sub-accounts, DISA to provide caller a dial-tone to call out from your cell phone at voip prices, caller id filtering, IVR - a voice menu you can create very easily that prompts the caller to enter a PIN number, which you have set up. The call is then allowed to go through, or to go to voicemail, or to another IVR menu, or forwarded, etc., etc.

If you are used to a simple voip connection, the idea of routing calls depending on caller id or on the PIN that was entered may take a bit of getting used to. But it is not really hard, and once you do get used to it, you will not want any other way of handling incoming calls.

Voip.ms sounds good, and has been very reliable.

Comments: