voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by H_T_R_N See Profile

• Location: Valencia,Butler,PA
Good "cost, cost and cost!"
Bad "Tech support,"
Overall "One of the better ones when it works."

In the beginning the service was great and the support was top notch when needed. That was few and far between. Lately the call quality is wanting and support has been reduced to asking a serious of questions from a list. It is the same thing that happens to all growing companies, they get to a point where the equipment is no longer able to support the number of users they have grown to and blame the user for everything.

I'll update if things change.

Over the last few months things have gotten much better.

member for 2.9 years, 1266 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

suppafly
join:2009-11-27
·Cablemas

We´d like to help

Hello

I´m sorry that you are experiencing issues on the service, if you could please send me your ticket number via PM I will verify if everything has been handled correctly, or what else could be investigated.

Peter Sahui - VoIP.ms

Re: We´d like to help

said by suppafly:

Hello

Been there done that, on line chat was about as useless as teats on a boar hog. I was told to check the ports on my firewall, and verify that my ISP wasn't blocking ports, even tho my issue was exactly the same from more than one location. There was no way the SCRs were checking anything on your end, they just went down the list of things that could be wrong with my network. Then after the changes\repairs\updates you guys made on the 13th fixed every problem I had. But please continue to point the finger at my network being the problem, both of them.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
join:2008-07-21

4 edits

Re: We´d like to help

removed - Redundant to Peter.

Sorry to hear that.
Rendering

join:2013-01-12
Los Angeles, CA
This review, with its punishment scores dropping lower and lower, is hilarious. Thanks for the laughs guys.

Admin: Please do not delete any of the comments, or the review itself.
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

There's nothing wrong...

The service here is just fine. If you are having problems it's likely due to your internet service slowing down. You can always switch to a different server in a different city to check it but I'd run a speed test to see what's wrong with the internet service before complaining about VOIP.

1 recommendation

said by ArizonaSteve:

Yes it is always the end users problem, even when the issue is the same from more than one place and ISP and magically goes away when scheduled maintenance is performed. Please don't assume just because something is working for you it is fine for everyone else. You have no idea what server I'm using, what config I have, what devices I'm using so there is NO way you can know what is happening on my end. This is a same attitude I complained about in my review. I spent 4 days going over my network before calling VOIP.MS and then 2 days being told it was my problem. Then like magic the very next day after planed maintenance the service was back to normal.
said by ArizonaSteve:

I just read you review of VOIP.MS and it is basically saying the same thing mine states. Tech support is seriously lacking.
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

Re: There's nothing wrong...

Sure tech support is pretty useless but the service is still just fine.

Gershom 1624

@optonline.net

said by ArizonaSteve:

Sure tech support is pretty useless but the service is still just fine.

That's not right, to deny the issues someone else is experiencing simply because you don't have the same issues.

In most of these situations (with any company), it is not every single customer who is affected. If THAT had been the case, a company couldn't survive.

With VoIP there are many variables.

In VoIP generally, Inbound service depends greatly on which CLEC handles your phone number.

And in the specific case of Voip.MS, Outbound service depends greatly on which city server is being used....
MartinM
VoIP.ms
join:2008-07-21

About Support

As a company, we always thrive to get better and improve things. As much as I agree that the quality of support can always be improved, I disagree that our support is totally useless. I collected a few random quotes this morning, here's a minuscule sample. I'm sorry that you experienced a support that was not up to par with your expectations.

Of course, most of these people are not posting here. Many users use anonymity and internet to post their frustrations, rather than their satisfaction.

I'm also glad to hear that your problems have been resolved since our latest New York update.

quote:
I have used the chat service a couple of times and EVERY time it has been a quick response with the right answer. I'm very happy to deal with a company that has actual customer service, which is such a rarity these days.

excellent support. Never had support like this from Bell.

The support i received was excellent. Ed's troubleshooting skills were great and he was very patient as this session lasted well over 1.5 hours. He was very competent in what he knows. Gold star to Ed today.

Excellent customer service

Albert seems to know his stuff. Good chatting to
someone in the know.

Albert was a joy to interact with-perfect mix of
professional and knowledgeable.

Albert was fantastic to work with. simply and easily
answered my questions and helped guide me
where to make my minor changes. awesome job

Albert was great. Fixed my problem right away.
Thanks Albert!

Albert was very helpful. He was responsive, patient
and clear in his communication with me. As a
result I opened an account and will move one of
my phone numbers over to your service.

As always. Excellent service and support! Thank
you!!!

Excellent service. Only regret is not moving to
voip and voip.ms sooner.
Thanks and keep up the great work

Extremely helpful, lots of great diagnostic help and
suggestions

I was really impressed with agent Albert's
customer service.

y first call to Voip.ms tech support and Albert
was fantastic. Many thanks. I am so fond of your
service that I am referring one of my friends to your
service also

Prompt, curteous and helpful.

Very helpful and resolved at least one of my issues
(config error on my part), if not all of it.

Thank you for your patience and your help. Today
is the day for me to get the set up done.

Another great support experience with voip.ms.
you guys are the best!

I love the convenience and immediacy of this
support

Love chat functionality. Quick question about
rtial port. What a time saver over a phone call.

happy once more, love the support chat

Fantastic support as usual!

Great service as usual!

ed was amazing. he answered my questions
omptly and accurately. A+ would defend him in a
bar fight.

Excellent support from Patrick!

Patrick had me up and running within minutes.
Couldn't be any better. Only suggestion would be
to post a config video on the Obitalk. Thanks!

THE BEST by a country mile

Very good service. I love you guys.

Was very knowledgeable and was very prompt
with the responses

excellent service as always!

amazing support and knowledge. Rodrigo took his
time to do tests and understand my pb and explain
it clearly to me.

Again; Excellent support !!!

Excellent service.

Excellent! Thanks!

Good and fast Support !

Vincent is great as always

Vincent showed an extra patience as soon I got 1st
hint, I noticed that question I asked, it is one of the
questions oh noo ... thank you Vinc for your
patience!

best customer service ever

very nice and patience

Aweseome service.. It was worth the wait!

Excellent experience...Very fast response
time chat and got all my questions answered.

Good response so far. Keep it up guys!

Great option for a quick question, thanks.

Great service !

I was worried I'd be talking to a representative that
would need to hold and get back to me. William
really knew his stuff.

Thanks so much for William helping me in such a
timely way. It was great.

Very Good

Very good thanks for the help.

Very helpful

Very nice and patient person

William did a good job to resolve my voice mail
problem.

William is a cool guy ...right to the point

William is an excellent rep.

William is fast and helpful

William was a great help.

Martin - VoiP.ms

Re: About Support

So you are using my review to post quotes from people about your CSRs that helped them out with problems THEY were having. My issue is getting you guys to admit there is a problem on YOUR side.
If I have to sit on the phone or chat screen for hours jumping through every hoop asked of me, to find out the next day that replacement firmware at the data center fixed the problem I was having..... You can NOT say that is good CS! I am sure that your guys are more than willing to help out a person with configuring the SIP settings on their device, or making changes to the router. I never said that they were not helpful in that case. What my complaint is, is that if I already spend 4 days verifying all my settings and give proof that service is not affected if I switch to another server with the same settings and network on my end, I am brushed off as it being on my end. Even when the same issue is happening from two locations with different network infrastructure and routes to the server in question.

You can train a monkey to build a PC or change a tire, but that doesn't make either one of them qualified to diagnose real issues.

Expand your moderator at work
delius

join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON

Re: About Support

Guess I,ve. Been lucky for 5yrs. Used chat 2times minor problem solved. Only complaint. Usd billing. No big deal since 2dids. Are under 5dlrs monthly

XCOM
digitalnUll
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
·ObiVoice
·flowroute

Re: About Support

I did ran to some issues where TC was useless and kept blaming me. But with the proper evidence I was able to show them that the issue lay on their side. After a few PM's back and forward here the issue was resolved. They are still ok in my book and at A+ on my review.
[nUll@dcypher ~]$