old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by whocares256 See Profile

• Location: Plano,Collin,TX
Good "Cheap Internet Good Connection."
Bad "Does not support 3rd party modem on Wideband service. IP DHCP Issues with CPE routers."
Overall "So So provider of Internet services. Using as backup"

·Grayson County T..
·DSL EXTREME
UPDATE 1/5/12

I am currently using Time Warner Cable as a backup ISP. I currently have FIOS. I have finally gotten TWC to let me use my SB6121 Modem (12/31/11). I am currently only getting 5/5. I have submitted a request in the direct support forum to see if I can get this resolved and will see how that goes.

UPDATE 9/30/11

I've had TWC RR on and off for the last 5 years. my last service was from April/2011 to September/2011. I am in the process of switching over to FIOS. The connection was good but I was having a IP address issue which would only be resolved by power cycling the modem. This happened 3 days in a row. This is unacceptable.
*****************************************************************************************************
I was with Time Warner Cable form Mid 2007 to Mid 2008. I never had any Issues or outages with them. Only time I had to call tech support was to update mac address when I swapped out my cable modem from time to time. I switched from TWC to DSLExtreme FIOS in Mid 2008. One of the issues I had at the time was there were only 2 speeds available to me at the time. 7/512 and 10/1.

Comments: