old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by BotenAnna See Profile

• Location: Fullerton,Orange,CA
Good "Decent service, reasonable "soft caps" (so far) a better alternative to U-Verse's overage fines"
Bad "Not entirely reliable, could be faster, no DOCSIS 3.0 in my area"
Overall "Only viable if you have no other alternative to U-Verse's caps"

I live in a market where only Time Warner and U-Verse is available, and when U-Verse decided to go with their draconian bandwidth cap scheme, we jumped ship.

U-Verse was faster and a tad more reliable, but we were also paying through the nose.

Unfortunately, I don't live in a DOCSIS 3.0 area (Orange County, CA) so the speeds leave something to be desired, especially with 3 avid internet users, two Netflix accounts, a PS3 and an XBox 360, and two Steam accounts between all of us. It's workable, though, but I'd really like faster service. More upstream would be great too, since I use remote desktop and like to play Minecraft with friends and pay for a VPS to do server-y things that the restrictive upload on residential cable is designed to prevent you from doing, but that is a industry-wide issue and nothing that is the fault of Time Warner specifically.

Also compared to U-Verse, their billing department seems somewhat capable of reliably and predictably taking my monthly fee, also had way less problems signing up without perfect credit--no ridiculous "non-refundable deposit" for not having perfect credit like every service AT&T offers, you just have to agree to automatic billing, which isn't a biggie.

Comments: