old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by slyphoxj See Profile

• Location: Brook Park,Cuyahoga,OH
Good "Very reliable, good speeds, no caps (yet)"
Bad "Cost is going WAY up next month!"
Overall "Good choice in suburban Cleveland if you don't have to pay full price"

Back in March 2009 (or was it February '09?), Time Warner called us up and offered us a great deal after reviewing our account. The deal was ~$83/month for one SD digital box, one HD DVR box with DVR service, a cable modem, Road Runner Standard (7000/512 at the time) and basic digital cable plus Showtime. The price went up $5 last summer to ~$88/month now. (The $20 total monthly cost given above is the item charge listed on our bill for the Road Runner).

I was using AT&T DSL at the time and used both for a few months but eventually dropped the DSL a month or so after I moved back in September 2009.

The Road Runner was upgraded to 10000/1000 a couple months back at no additional charge .

About a year ago or so I was having issues with the cable and Road Runner. One night I discovered that the Road Runner downstream channel had been moved from 111MHz(?) to 117MHz(?) (if I remember right). The Road Runner been problem free ever since.

The video services... that's another story. Been having issues with the HD boxes (I swapped the SD box for an HD box a month or so ago- I got us a second HDTV a couple of months ago). But this is a Road Runner review, so I won't discuss the HD box issues here.

BUT... the promo expires at the end of this month and the best TW can offer us now is $145/month for the same services :-(. We will be switching to WOW Cable/Internet at the end of the month.

TW CSR's, both on the phone and at the local "depot", have been friendly and pleasant to deal with.

UPDATE 9/2/11: We switched to WOW Cable/Internet yesterday. I returned the boxes and cable modem today and paid the $12.change final bill. I miss Road Runner (even though WOW's internet works OK, but much slower), but not that horrendous HD DVR box.

member for 12.1 years, 4040 visits, last login: a few hours ago