old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by Shelly512 See Profile

• Location: Wauseon,Fulton,OH
Good "switching to business class fixed everything!"
Bad "horrible support who had to come out multiple times"
Overall "In cow country, the only option other than DSL"

I have now had Time Warner for about 4 years. When I first moved to cow country it was the only cable option in town! So no other option as I work from home and needed high speed. Signed up for the whole tv/net/phone package for $100 a month. The first 2 years were okay, only had support out of a few times, one of which was to replace a modem that had died.

From then on it was all downhill! Support was out at least once a month and it was always something, the line outside, the one into my apartment, the switch down the road, or whatever other excuse they had. It had gotten to a point my Sprint broadband was giving me better speeds than Time Warner was!

I was ready to pack up and move when they announced Business Class would be offered in town. I killed the cable and went to DirecTV and killed the phone because my cell gets used for everything. I called on a Monday to switch and by Wednesday I was all switched over! Granted I live 35 miles from the closest city with a population over five thousand people, they shouldn't have such awful service just because they have no competition in the area.

In the last 6 months since switching to business class I have been paying about $97/month for 15 meg down and 5 meg up. While I now pay twice as much as before at least my service has gotten better and I no longer have to call tech support once a week. It has actually been almost 5 months since any tech has had to come to the house!

Comments: