old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by Stewball See Profile

• Location: Mentor,Lake,OH
Good "Best Customer Service I Have Had From TWC"
Overall "Great Install and Great 1st Call to Support"

Been with AT&T DSL since 2001. Had one hell of a time when I first got static setup took 2 weeks and hours and hours on the phone until finally someone found the static IP address was setup wrong in a AT&T database. Started with 768 service and was bumped to 1.5 service after a few years. Line quality got better over the years with very limited down time after several years. So I won't say anything bad about them but I could never get any real speed from them at what I thought was a reasonable price for business class.

This week the wife and I decided we would switch to TWC Business Class with a 10 down 1 up service. Installer came out 1 hour before scheduled appointment time but called the wife and told her he would be coming early.

Minimal install for him just a quick splitter in the media box I have in the garage and straight into the splitter I had setup with a drop already to the wall jack in the office. Made a cable for me for wall jack to Modem quick call to the office to get the static IP, give me all the network settings and within 30 minutes of him arriving I was up and running.

Then tonight I needed to call support, 8:30 PM on a Friday night to finish getting the administrator username for email setup, again a really knowledgeable person took care of everything and within a few minutes the new email accounts are setup and it was the easiest switch imaginable.

Have been checking the quoted speeds and they are very close to what was quoted using speed tests from all parts of the USA from different sites.

So day 1 I am a happy camper. Let's see what day 2 brings.

member for 12.5 years, 114 visits, last login: 2.4 years ago