old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by theSantiago See Profile

• Location: Austin,Travis,TX
Good "Lightning-Fast Internet! Great call center support and friendly field technicians (="
Bad "...none?"
Overall "40 dollla make you holla"

I get 35mbps download / 5 mbps upload. ba- BAAAM! I live in a home with myself a power user of the internet. I have 3 other roommates that are also always pushing the internet to the limits. No lag in online games. Streaming Pandora, Netflix, etc. at the same time on multiple devices. I should not forget to mention that I got a free install, no modem rental fee, no contract, no deposit, month-to-month utility. I should also state I used Earthlink to sign up for services initially. They gave me 10/1 with all those perks. When I talked to TWC they auto'd me to 20/2 then I made the final upgrade. Internet Service Providers have crazy marketing strategies. Somehow I went through a middleman(Earthlink) and got a better deal had I called TWC directly.

Most friends I know get charged more for less services, because they did not go through Earthlink first.

Ok, so here is the Bad: My internet stopped working for a few hours one day. A few weeks later I lost internet for a few more hours. Horrible fate! Oh wait, I work from home but my employer's office is a few miles away. Oh woe is me I had to work in the office instead of at home. Minor inconvenience, but the next day my internet was lightning as usual. Imagine living on a DSL connection with 1mbps. My house lives like royalty on the internet. I feel for the people where it costs too much for utilities to provide fast internet. I live in a high-density lower socio-nomic area. So many subscribers confined within a square mile. This means its relatively cheap to provide quality service. My house borders two apartment complexes, so their connection may be shitty but I am hooked to the same local equipment providing me lightning.

Two technicians have come out. FIrst, for my internet issue. Second, when I upgraded from 20/2 to 35/5. I got a new Motorola Surfboard modem / router wireless-N. Shiii, apparently I had free basic cable the whole time but I never tried hooking up the coax to the tv. The upgrade technician put a filter on that. So if you get internet-only installed there may very well be free basic cable. I hate commercials so I never use a real tv anymore but maybe some people might take advantage of this pro-tip.

As a subscriber to internet, I must say I have had all types. I was living in the Great Plains of Colorado with a Verizon data USB. I have lived in Denver with Comcast (scumbags) and now in Austin, TX with TWC. This company is amazing if you live in a newer area in terms of network development.

Comments:
xwaretech

join:2011-01-30
Bedford, OH

New Customer eh?

You must be a new customer, currently in Ohio, paying 70 bucks for 30/5 only recieving maybe 20/5? new customers got that huge discount off the extreme

BucknRusty

join:2006-08-18
Liberty Hill, TX

Re: New Customer eh?

I've been with them almost a year now in Liberty Hill, TX (30 miles from Austin). I agree the people with TWC are great and my service has never faltered. Speeds are constant, VOIP has never failed, TV is perfect. Zero outages since I've lived here.
Everyone in my family votes democrat except me, I learned how to read.
The government cannot give you anything that it did not take from someone else.
xwaretech

join:2011-01-30
Bedford, OH

Re: New Customer eh?

different regions have different experiences it seems, I just now got a deal to bundle up to ultimate, and get free cable to go with it!