old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by tag_your_it See Profile

• Location: Garland,Dallas,TX
Good "The offer was great"
Bad "Everything that they could mess up they did"

TIME WARNER CABLE SUCKS!! We ordered cable on 11/8 and within 2 hours called back and canceled. I was told the $160.04 deposit would be refunded soon. I requested they call before coming due to our dogs. Over 2 weeks after cancelation they called to ask if a representative could pick up the equipment that evening. He showed up as scheduled, signed the inventory sheets, gave us copies and left. The next evening without calling another technician came by to pick up the equipment that was already turned in! We hadn't heard from TWC nor received a refund until the day I received a bill for over $840. After being transferred, hung up on, put on hold and spending hours on the phone, it was finally determined the deposit of $160.04 was canceled by their Banking Services Department due to a name change. There was no name change! They admitted it was their error as no "written name change" was received. It was determined during the original order call when we wanted the billing in a specific name, their representative must have "typed over" the account information. I asked for a manager, after numerous transfers, calls and lies I finally was told the Corporate Office was in NYC. They also stated they wouldn't refund 100% because of "franchise fees". I called NYC and they said the Regional Office was in Charlotte NC. I did talk to them and was told the refund would be coming soon. They agreed since we had the service less than 2 hours, they would refund 100% but due to FCC rules they couldn't electronically refund the money. The Dallas representative called me back a few days later to tell me the refund would have to come from Chicago then go to the banking services in Charlotte NC then to CA who would over night the refund. I asked why Chicago and she said, “I never said Chicago! You must have misunderstood me when I said Charlotte!” She advised we should receive the expedited refund in 7 to 10 business days. I asked why so long, she replied the normal refund taking 15 to 30 days. I pointed out today is 12/3, the original cancelation date was 11/8 and in 7 to 10 business days it would far surpass the 15 to 30 days refund. I added that the company should have sent the installer back since both the installer and the customer service agent admitted the installation was missing “a component” so the install wouldn’t be completed until 11/14. I explained since it was never 100% installed, it shouldn’t have been an issue to turn their guy around, take the equipment and give the check back. She apologized and said 7 to 10 business days then overnight shipping from CA is the best they can do. BUYER BEWARE!!

Comments: