old twc page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by keimach See Profile

• Location: Palmdale,Los Angeles,CA
Good "End result better than expected."
Overall "TW did the right thing!"

My dsl modem went south. I had the service for over 12 years. They wanted $50 for a new modem. I called C.S. and they connected me to "retention". Good offer of increase in speed, free modem and a $50 credit on my phone bill. BUT, installation was a week away. Couldn't wait. Would lose money from work obtained on the net. SO, I called the rental office of my apt. complex and asked which cable co. they used. Time Warner they said. Call Joe they said. OK. Called Joe, offered 6meg download speed, 1/2 meg up. No contract, Price of $24 good for a year. Install tomorrow he said. Then install changed to day after. Hmmm. Called Joe. Sorry, It will be tomorrow even if I do the install myself he said. OK. After promising to call me back three times and not doing so. I called him and they set up a TW install for 1:00 today. Showed up. Quick install and left before I could run a speed test. HMMM. Ran speed test and got 1/2 meg down. Called C.S and got a manager after a while.

TW did a good deed! Bumped me to 10 meg down for only $34/mo incl modem. Good for a year.

Now that's service with a smile!

Called Joe and gave him "a piece of my mind!" He will not get credit for the sale and lost his commission. Serves him right.

member for 14.1 years, 143 visits, last login: 1.8 years ago

Comments:

news4la

join:2009-01-05
Universal City, CA

TWC In Palmdale

They are not doing you a favor. In the San Fernando Valley Standard internet is 15M/1M. That is not even Turbo. Just regular internet. You probably got Hosed real good. Ask them why you are not getting the same speed as the Valley.
On AIR,On LINE and On the GO!
keimach

join:2000-10-24
Palmdale, CA

Re: TWC In Palmdale

said by news4la:

Thanks for your comment. However, while some of the time I get
8.8 mbps, other times I average 12 mbps. Sometimes it has gone as high as 32 mbps.

It all depends on time of day/night and which site I am logged onto.