DSLExtreme Hosting page on DSLReports

Review by thochen See Profile

• Location: Palo Alto,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Used to be the cheapest"
Bad "Everything"
Overall "Keep shopping"
Setup experience:

·DSL EXTREME
I had kept with this ISP for several years. Connection was flaky but otherwise OK, generally speeds were a bit lower than usual.

They then ran a "promotion" for higher level service for not much more. I had a residential 1.5/384 DSL for $22.95/month, they advertised 3.0/512 for $24.95. I jumped on this, then had a week off-line with various setup issues (even though NOTHING HAD CHANGED). Finally, I got up and running, and speeds were usually 1.8/400, so not much different. Tech support was difficult, to say the least. 30-45 minute wait times, often cut off for no reason. After another week of back-and-forth, the level 2 technician said it was not even possible to get 3 Mbps, so I should request a downgrade. Fine.

After I call back to customer service, they downgrade me and force me to continue a 12-month contract! Just to compare, with their new promotion, a 12-month contract at the lower level is now $14.95 per month! They say I agreed to this when it is just not true. I'll definitely not renew again with these guys.

Comments: