AT&T Wireless Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by daniel717 See Profile

• Location: Columbus,Lowndes,MS
Good "Offers some 3G services across the USA"
Bad "Reviewing 2g service in New Paris, OH-AT&T still is 80% 2G across the country!"
Overall "AT&T doesn't invest in it's networks in a 4G world they give you the 2G crap"

AT&T has to be stuck in a 2G world they always buy new business and tell the FCC we will update the service wither it's the Bellsouth or Cingular Wireless and the future downgraded T-Mobile. They ruined Bellsouth DSL service to make 6mb service a 130-140ms pings with 240k downspeed- They cut corners on the wireless side by wiring the towers with T-1 lines 1.5mb up and down to be shared by all users on the tower. AT&T also has the iPhone to incorrectly tell you are on their network when you are not. I got a text msg, e-mail and phone call to tell me I used over 20MB (that's their limit) for data while roaming. They told me that their phones are set up not to show when your are roaming (so I didn't know I was roaming) and will unlock that to show me when I do roam to other networks. AT&T also said if I go over 20MB while roaming in the USA I could have my service disconnected. I was thinking to go over to T-Mobile when they get the new iPhone but it's looks like Verizon will be my next carrier.

Comments: