US Cellular page on DSLReports

Review by applerule See Profile

• Location: Weaverville,Buncombe,NC
Good "Consistently over 20mbps down, unlimited 4G LTE promotion"
Bad "Can only get unlimited with phone tethering, not with a modem"
Overall "A little pricey, but worth it if you have no good Cable/DSL options"

·Frontier Communi..
·Millenicom
I started with Frontier DSL, which was horrible. Then I went with Millenicom (Verizon hotspot), which was great, but I had the 20gb cap. After using Millenicom a bit, I saw USC was doing an unlimited 4G LTE promotion. I live very close to a USC tower, so I hit up my local store. I hadn't looked at USC seriously before due to the fact that it is $90 for 10gb of data. For $60/mo you can add unlimited data with tethering to any phone on USC (promotion). Unfortunately, you cannot get a data-only plan with a modem, so I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Axiom (cheapest 4g LTE phone they have), and added the data package to it. I keep the phone tethered via USB to my router (ASUS Dark Knight), and I rarely have issues. I have to restart the phone about once a week, but that's about it.

If you are willing to cough up the dough for unlimited data, it's definitely worth it. On top of that, the store was top notch. I told the store exactly what I wanted to do and they had no problem with helping me. I dealt with customer service once and they were good as well.

Overall, I would recommend.

Comments: