AT&T Southwest page on DSLReports

Review by CmmTch See Profile

• Location: High Ridge,Jefferson,MO
  • Telco party Southwestern Bell
Good "SBC and ASI techs that came out knew their stuff and got me up right away"
Bad "no loop qualification with the self install caused 4 week delay"
Overall "I love my DSL now that its up, it was frustrating getting an install problem resolved"

I ordered the basic 1500/128 residential at $29.95 per mo. self install, free modem and activation, no term agreement (SBC employee). There was some problems with the ordering and provisioning process when I ordered, but once that was taken care of, it's all been good.

That was 1 year ago, 2002. The one year point is here. My DSL is very reliable, after tweaking I usually get between 1170 and 1185 down. After the first year I would say I am a very satisfied customer, can't imagine going back to dial up.

March 2004, DSL since August 2002, I am still very happy with my DSL. No outages at all in that time. I now have a different pc with W2K, also added a router. My speed, and pings, are very consistent at 1292/218, pings average 59ms. The upgrade of the 1500/128 package to 1500/256 with no extra charge is very cool. I am a very satisfied customer, and would recommend SBC to anyone that asked me about it.

December 2006, 4+ years and the service has been very good, no outages, the basic Express package is now $16.95 per month and "up load" upload speed has been increased to 384K. I usually get around 1.3 down and 275 up.

January 1st 2010, still very happy with my DSL, very solid connection, no complaints at all. download and uploads speeds are consistent at ~1.3M down and 284K up. Been using XP Pro since Feb. 2008.

February 26, 2011, no change in equipment or package (express). There have been no outages or problems with the service.

member for 12.3 years, 1987 visits, last login: 3 days ago