AT&T Southwest page on DSLReports

Review by snerd See Profile

• Location: Lawton,Comanche,OK
Good "Good lord, this review was 8 years old! LOL! I can't believe I paid $45 for Elite back then! It's $19.95 now!"
Bad "Yahoo Software - Still don't install or use it."
Overall "I just got DSL back as a backup for my 15/1 Cable Internet. It can bog down in Prime Time some nights."

Update 7/8/04: I happened to be hanging around the boards here when SBC offered the 6000/608 deal for $44.95 back in February of '04. I jumped on that deal, and it's been blazing speeds ever since! No problems with service or billing. Dumped the Linksys router for a Cayman 3546 router/modem combo. It's performed flawlessly for me.

=================================================================

Have only been up for 2 days, but all went very smooth. Ordered the Deluxe package online, got both e-mail and phone confirmations. Setup package arrived the day before it was to be turned on, so I hooked it up and it was already online with 1180/245 speeds! Sure beats the local cable company speeds of 650-700/64-90. And it's also cheaper for the first year!

I did not install any of their software, especially the Yahoo stuff. I connect direct through my Linksys router's pppoe. So far so good....... very happy with SBC DSL so far!

Comments:
bevyw6

join:2012-12-05
Cedar Hill, TX

new motorola dsl box getting IP address changed

I have had 3 pcs that are now no good because some one has been hacking into my home wired dsl box. I purchased a new dsl modem and another pc. Someone is still controlling my line. Its been happening for at least 6 months. My husband and I have spent way to much money on the geek, pcs you name it. We are very frustrated. PLEASE Help.
Thanks so much
bevyw
CompTech210

join:2008-09-14
San Antonio, TX

Re: new motorola dsl box getting IP address changed

What do you mean someone is hacking into your wired dsl box? Please elaborate some and sounds like you may have either a faulty modem or maybe an issue with the wiring somewhere on AT&T's side.