FreePhoneLine page on DSLReports

Review by r212raa See Profile

• Location: Calgary,AB
Good "It is a free phone line."
Bad "Their offerings can be confusing."
Overall "It's a money-saver. What else can I say?"

I cancelled my landline and I regret why I didn't do it sooner. This saves me at least $25 a month and it works pretty well.

Compared to other VOIP companies, features are minimalistic. There are no fancy features other than call forwarding and voicemail. However, this is ok given what they charge for the service and the fact their audience is home users not a business.

Their free coverage area is pretty good. I support them with international calls as I do want this company to exist for a long time. Remember: next cheapest company to have your own DID in Western Canada, you are looking at minimum $3~ a month including E911 fees AND you have to pay for every minute of outgoing calls. I believe users should support them for this reason alone.

I sometimes get registration error but it gets fixed within seconds so I don't think I'm missing any calls. There was big outage once but it was one-time event and not a regular occurrence by any count.

Their tech support is based overseas. Most of them sticks to scripts but they can solve most basic issues just fine. Their development and bug fixes are quite slow and they could improve on that.

Comments: