CIKTEL Telecom page on DSLReports

Review by moffa See Profile

• Location: Ajax,ON
Good "Service has been great"
Bad "Communication has been slightly difficult"
Overall "A good service"

So checking around the forums I couldn't find any real reviews for this company. They are an ISP located in North York, ON. The customer service reps are all Chinese and while some have pretty heavy accents, they are understandable and understand me quite fine.
So far download speeds have always been great (25 Mbit). I had some issues with installation where the Bell tech didn't wire my modem properly, I tried to fix it myself but still had problems. CIK Tech Support sent another technician over and talking with Bell my profile was updated to 25/10.

Reliability has been good and tech support is helpful - their live chat feature is far better than waiting on hold on the phone.

After being patient dealing with the 25/7 vs 25/10 issue, I can say they are a good ISP and I recommend them.

Edit: All of the issues I seemed to had were caused by the Sagemcom / Stinger combination. I purchased a SmartRG modem and have been fine ever since.

I've also upgraded to their 50/10 service
Speed test here:»www.speedtest.net/result/3413683872.png

Comments:

CIK Rep
join:2014-02-17
North York, ON

Call center wait time and language offered

Regarding the customer service, we have been hiring a lot of staff lately, as our customer base is growing. You will also be pleased to know that we are upgrading our call center system. The average wait time has dropped significantly lately and we are targeting 2 min average hold time. Also note that we offer multilingual service, currently: English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi/Punjabi and Vietnamese. French will be added this year.

CIK Rep