Virgin Mobile Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by erikthebean See Profile

• Location: Dover,Strafford,NH
Good "Easy sign up quick setup."
Bad "Slow slow slow"
Overall "Not Bad in big cities...too slow for cost"

So I wanted Virgin for the flexability and cost for what i was getting. Unlimited prepaid i'm sold. Down in the metro Boston are i get about 2Mbps down 512 up. Not bad...if i drive 30-40 miles north, awful. Is it so bad to ask for a consitant 1Mbps connection? Needless to say im extremely dissapointed in the product. My company uses Verizon wireless broadband, and I never get issues like I do with this product. I really hope Virgin gets their act together, or atleast charge for what the product is worth. In this case I would only spend ten bucks for what I'm currently recieving, and thats being generous.

UPDATE 1/20/11

So I have had this service for one month. I am EXTREMELY dissapointed. Down in Massachusetts it is ok....up in New Hampshire, awful. I am getting about 80kbps by 10 kbps. I would not pay another 40 dollars for this service again. In mass the only reason I think it is good is because it is in a 4g overlapping area. That or its just closer to Boston and its possibly fed better but I cannot confirm it by any means. VZ in this area is way better, and now since Virgin has a cap, might as well make the switch. Hate to be so negative but for 40 dollars i should at the least be getting 768k.

Comments: