Virgin Mobile Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by ctceo See Profile

• Location: South Bend,St Joseph,IN
Good "Small, Easy set-up"
Bad "Limited 4G coverage areas, HORRIBLE customer service, price for cap"
Overall "Will be looking for a replacement from another provider. I recommend the same."

I have had this little device for about 6 months. Worked great @ $35/mo for 2gb 3g, Unlimited 4G. Then they upped the price and combined the 3g/4g as aggregated cap. to 2.5 @ $55/mo. To make matters worse their system switched over mid-plan on me running me out of bandwidth. They posted $50 on their site as the new price. I go get a card after the change, only to find out that while I was asleep they changed it to $55, not $50. Additionally their fine print still says $50 for Unlimited 4G. Phone rep refused to acknowledge error even though he stated he was looking at the page and was trying to get me to believe that the $50 package was a "discontinued package" even though prior it wasn't even a package at all. The correct discontinued package was $35/mo. Making the last price hike a $20 one for a mere 2.5 gb. To make matters worse the phone rep tried arguing with me over the $5 until I threatened to contact a supervisor.

WILL NOT GO BACK ONCE I CHANGE UNLESS PRICE COMES BACK DOWN!

Comments:

ctceo
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN
·Virgin Mobile Br..

slot machine prices

One month to the next they cant seem to keep their prices and plans the same. Now they charge $25 for 1.5gb, non recurring 3g4g aggregate. Their 3G meter doesn't reflect this properly and shows me as having used up 411mb in 20 hours just browsing a few sites mostly comprised of text. Leaving me with 25 mb of "unused 3g". No 4g where I live unfortunately.

Still okay for an emergency connection or if you only plan on doing NON-Media intensive web surfing. Worked just fine for MMORPG's.
----
As long as superstition prevails, we will fall short of eradicating war, poverty, and hunger. -J. Fresco

khanacademy.org