Clear Wireless page on DSLReports

• Location: Chicago,Cook,IL
Good "Reliable and fast"
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "I'm happy"

I recently needed a broadband card in a hurry. I went to Radio Shack and picked up a Clear 4G USB modem, model PXU-1900 for my laptop. In comparison to other offerings from T-Mobile Verizon, and Sprint, Clear offers unlimited data at 4G speeds for $50/month. The others carriers offered a mix of plans with bandwidth caps, 3G speeds, or higher prices for 4G.

It took about 20 minutes to sign up and activate the modem and about 10 minutes to install the software. The card worked flawlessly the first time and I have had no problems. It works well in my high rise apartment - I'm on the 17th floor. Overall, I think the Clear plan I bought was a good choice

Update - Buyer beware, some dealers, especially Radio Shack, do not know what they are talking about and will sell you the wrong equipment. I wanted 4G where available and 3G everywhere else. It turns out that Radio Shack sold me a modem only capable of 4G, so when I took it on the road I could not get a connection in a 3G area. Now I will have to pay a restocking fee to change my modem out. I should have went to a Clear store and not Radio Shack.

Comments: