Clear Wireless page on DSLReports

Review by Pakapab See Profile

• Location: Glendora,Los Angeles,CA
Good "No contract, day/week/month service, descent speeds, easy to install. Mobile"
Bad "Customerservice is dumb. Need more pre sales info."
Overall "Good for personal use, would not share this connection with others."

I am spending a bit of time out in LA, and decided I needed a mobile connection, primarily for my iPad first gen and laptop, as the Internet, covad dsl, at the place I'm staying is really spotty, and I've been using public transport a lot and wanted also to connect while moving around the city.

I was tempted by the netzero offer but decided to get the service from the horses mouth so to speak. Any way I am satisfied, happy with it. I am not happy with customer service though, as it took at least an hour to get my account set up, I couldn't do it online for some reason. I just wanted a week pass, and the rep kept going round and round with me about getting the $50 plan monthly recurring etc... I finally gave up and got the month plan with lower speeds for $35, and decided that I would call again near the end of the period and tell them I want to cancel so I can go to the weekly or daily plan.

Average speeds are 1.8 m down, 300k up with a average ping of 100 ms. I am about 1.5 miles from the nearest tower. I'm still doing random speed tests as I travel around LA, and get pretty much the same results. The coverage out here is good.

member for 12.3 years, 1503 visits, last login: 174 days ago