Clear Wireless page on DSLReports

Review by Hickeroar See Profile

• Location: Angleton,Brazoria,TX
Good "It's wireless...so that's always cool... Pings were passable (but not stellar) (75-100ms) for online gaming."
Bad "Constant dropouts, horrible speeds, awful customer service."
Overall "If you're in a downtown area, it's might be fine. Anywhere else....you're playing with fire."

The modem disconnected for hours at a time several times a week. We had the modem replaced and it didn't help at all.

We would have a full 4-5 bars of service, and the max download speed would often hover between dialup speeds and 250KB/sec. We had the "highest" level of service, and the speeds were almost always below the speeds promised to the minimum level of service (1mbps). You can forget streaming netflix about half the time if you only want SD, or any of the time if you want HD.

We were deep in the middle of one of their coverage circles, but apparently that doesn't mean anything. It almost acted like we were severely throttled from the tower, and on top of that it seemed like the tower hardware must have been garbage because it would disconnect all the time.

Eventually got fed up with spending time on the phone with them about it (after over a year of trying), and tried to get the service cancelled.

When I tried to get disconnected without a cancellation fee due to the constantly abhorrent service they gave me fits about that. I had to argue with them for hours about it and eventually had to TELL them, that they WERE going to cancel my service, and they were NOT going to charge me a cancellation fee, on threat of a small claims court suit...and they finally relented. Ridiculous.

Comments:
ron77339

join:2012-08-02
Kingwood, TX

Yes, the bars.

I just gave a poor review and didn't think to mention that I'm getting 5 bars (FULL) yet I have dial up speed.