TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by Insilin1i See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Fast, No Cap, The Price, No Throttle !!!!@!, and Not Rogers"
Bad "Installation co-ordination"
Overall "150/10 + Unlimited uploads! "

I ordered sometime in July, I called the same day I gave Rogers my 30 days notice. The rep was very nice and made the process quick and painless. Well the installation day came and the Rogers tech never showed up but my internet had been cancelled already. Called teksavvy they said to wait for the substitute appointment the next day no one showed up again. I called once again and they gave me an appointment in 2 days which I was actually pretty happy with because I thought I would have to wait another week. The tech did show up this time and I have no idea what he actually did? All he did was check the line quality and that was it.

If anyone can answer this it would be helpful, did the Tech actually need to show up? I had Rogers Internet and do have Rogers Cable Tv.

The Rogers guy left the internet wasn't working, was sending me to this weird Rogers page. Called Teksavvy and they helped me, the router still had the old Rogers settings. After the bumpy installation process it has been just as good as Rogers and is saving me the $50 I paid in overage fees a month.

I found the techs to be really knowledgeable and very friendly, I really hated dealing with most techs from Rogers as all they told me to do was power cycle the modem...

O ya I forgot this very important tidbit, torrents are not throttled which to me is a very important plus that I was not expecting.

Update(July 20, 2011)
Everything has been pretty good for the past few months some issues with congestion because of having to wait for rogers to update the links. But after that it has been smooth.

Updated (September 24, 2011)
Speeds were starting to slow down around August 1st, and it's all gone downhill from there.

Updated (July 5th, 2012)
Teksavvy finally fixed the issue a couple months back and it seems that they are finally going to be able to maintain the good service.

Update *Septemper 2013)
Having an awesome experience with 150/10. This is exactly what I have been waiting for this whole time and unlimited UPLOAD!

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Update

Thanks for providing an update. Glad you're enjoying that blazing fast service