TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by BoogaBooga See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Speed is as advertised. Usage is Unlimited."
Bad "High up-front costs.. (i.e Modem + activation fee + first month payment at once)"
Overall "Pretty good deal considering what's out there..."

·VMedia
I placed the order on Nov. 1, 2010 and picked up the modem on the 4th. The tech came to activate the service on the 8th. It took seven days to get up and running, which isn't too bad considering they have to go through Rogers for activations.

It's somewhat costly to get up and running (especially if you don't have a modem). My total was $199.90 which includes the activation fee, SB6120 modem, the monthly payment and HST. Your second payment date is a month from the day you are activated.

UPDATE 5/31/2012

There was a price increase a few months but the speed was also bumped from 15mbps to 24mbps and now 28mbps. Upload remains at 1mbps. The monthly usage was also increased from 200gb to 300gb since signing up.

With speed boost, I can get over 50mbps for a short time. Congestion is not an issue but this depends on your area. Will continue to use TSI Cable in the foreseeable future.

UPDATE 1/26/2013

Recently switched to Cable 28 Unlimited. It's a bit expensive but it is unlimited internet so I don't mind. Total cost is 70$ including tax. There is word that the upload speed will increase soon, but I have not seen this yet.

UPDATE 12/10/2013

Service is still great. Can't remember the last time there was any downtime.

Comments:

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Review

Hello,

Thank you for your update, we appreciate when our customer provide us feedback on the service.

We are glad to hear you are enjoying your 28Mbps unlimited package. For the upload speed increase we are looking into this and hope to have an update for our customers soon.

Taunia

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Review Update

Thanks for updating your review I am glad to see you are still enjoying our services!