TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by mau108 See Profile

• Location: Thornhill,ON
Good "Very fast 35MB line, no slow downs during peak hours"
Bad "Install co-ordination is poor, I wasn't made aware of confirmed date until day before"
Overall "Depending on your location, Cable is the way to go, and it's hard to beat Teksavvy's packages"

I guess it was my fault but I didn't see that if I had purchased the modem through Teksavvy that it would be 20 dollars more for the setup fee. Would have been nice to have that show up on the order page as well. The order page also didn't allow me to select a SB6120 modem when I tried entering my own modem's info, however I called Teksavvy up and immediately fixed that after placing the order.

Installation Co-ordination wasn't great, I didn't get a confirmed date until I had emailed twice about it, I guess it was partially Rogers' fault as they gave incorrect postal codes to Teksavvy and started rejecting orders that shouldn't have been serviced.

I've had the service for a day now, hopefully it would be just as good as it was surfing the net last night and download (3 times faster then lame ADSL!).

For those that are in the service area, give it a try. It does suck that there are soo much up front costs (modem, setup fee and first month service) but you aren't locked to a contract so that's a good thing.

Over all I'm happy, hope it stays this way!

UPDATE 8-17-2011: Well it's been a while since last update, so far everything is smooth sailing. No downtime that I can remember and perfect speeds during peak and off peak hours.

UPDATE 5–23–2013: Another update, had my speeds changed with the help of Andre and his team. Awesome support and again perfect connection.

member for 13.4 years, 5066 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Thanks!

Glad the speeds are flipped over for you and let us know how it continues to be awesome!