TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by bdoyledimou See Profile

• Location: Markham,ON
Good "Friendly,Fast and Unlimited"
Bad "nothing so far"
Overall "Tek is a great choice!"

I have been a Rogers Extreme Plus (25Mbps) subscriber since it came out, paying $77 a month for my 125 GB bandwidth. My son who is 13 recently discovered Anime, and Netflix and these two items have killed my cap costing me overages fees. I don't like overage fees.

TekSavvy started offering Cable service in my area on April 19th and i signed up on the 21st with an install date of the 29th.

Rogers showed up at 8:05 am to check my line and tag my cable with the TPIA tag.. and 1.5 hours later, my Teksavvy modem was lit up.

It works and it works fast. It may only be 15mbps, vs the 25Mbps but to be honest, it seems FASTER. There is less latency on the line, web pages load quicker.

As it is a new POI I don'thave congestion issues (yet?) but i am sure if they occur they will be addressed in a timely manner.

I have had to call Tek a couple of times during the install phase to address some information they required, and they were always quick and responsive. I was never more than the 3rd person in line, and they even offered call back queing which is awesome.

I look forward to a great relationship with Tek in the future. I stayed with Rogers since 1995 (Phase 1 Wave beta!!!) and this is a big step for me in cutting that cord.. so.. keep it up Tek!

Comments: