TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by evil_gusgus See Profile

• Location: London,ON
Good "Faster Speeds, Lower Ping, Speedboost, 300BG Cap"
Bad "Having to deal with Rogers"
Overall "If you can get cable instead of dsl, make the switch."

I switched over from TSI DSL the day cable was launched here due to issues with bells equipment. 1.8/Mbps is way better then the 515/Kbps with dsl. Routing seems to be faster then bells back to 151 front. The first rogers tech seemed like a bit of an ass from the beginning, he cut one of the cable lines to my tv for no reason, failed to replace the cable line coming to my house and left in a rush. About 5min after he left my modem lost signal and I didnt have cable internet working for about a week. Thankfully I kept my dsl active for this reason. When the second tech came out, he tested the line and said that this was completely unacceptable. It was old copper braided coax for analog tv. He ended up replacing and running a new line from the cable box in the neighbours yard, all the way to the modem with RG-6. Once he got it working, its only lost signal once in the two or so months since I've had it.

UPDATE: I've had to deal with slowdown, multiple day outages, and still have no ETA on upgrades so my rating has been updated.

member for 6.7 years, 1705 visits, last login: a few hours ago