TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by corster See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Faster than DSL, Fair Usage Caps, No money to Bell"
Bad "Rogers is still new to the wholesale game"
Overall "TekSavvy Cable is the best bang for your buck"

I ordered TekSavvy Express Cable (10/512) and had it up and running within a week of my order.

Had a couple of issues coordinating the install between TekSavvy and Rogers (through no fault of TekSavvy), but we eventually got it all sorted out. Rogers came to my apartment, tested signal strength, tagged my line TPIA, and the service began to work shortly thereafter.

I purchased the DCM425 modem from TekSavvy for $75, minus the $20 activation credit. It works well for the service i'm using, and I don't have any complaints, but if I were to do it all over again, I would likely spend a little bit more money for a DOCSIS 3 modem, to ensure compatibility with future speed increase - Rogers is already refusing to upgrade speeds for DOCSIS 2 customers, but this policy has not yet been carried over to TekSavvy.

Rogers is still fairly new to wholesale, so TekSavvy representatives do not have the diagnostic tools available to them that they would have with DSL. This means that it can be slightly difficult to have issues resolved, so make sure you're patient. Apparently Rogers is working with their wholesale clients to create tools for wholesalers to use for technical support, modem changes, etc, so once that it done, things should get alot better on the Cable front.

The service has been fairly reliable, consistent speeds, and much faster than my old Bell DSL line. If TekSavvy Cable is available in your area, it's the best bang for your buck.

member for 12.1 years, 5157 visits, last login: a few hours ago