TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by s0dhi See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "Promise and Price"
Bad "Unable to resolve issues"
Overall "If you rely on your connection, avoid them."

·TekSavvy DSL
I signed up for Teksavvy cable internet service after using Rogers cable internet services for the past 15 years. In those 15 years, I have had, at most, 5 days where I have had an issue.

The switch to Teksavvy was very easy. On the cut-over day, I simply switched my Rogers rental modem for the Thompson modem sold to me by Teksavvy. The entire switch took about 30 minutes.

However, since I switched to Teksavvy, I have had an issue where the internet service disconnects multiple (3-5) times a day for periods of 1-3 minutes. I am an IT professional that works from home daily and I rely on my connection. These disconnects have had a rather large impact on my daily activities.

Within the first 5 days of the switch, I reported the issue to Teksavvy and have spent the last 20+ days performing troubleshooting, re-arranging my devices on my network to facilitate the escalation and troubleshooting of this issue. The interesting fact is that I have been in my house using Rogers for 10 years and have never experienced this issue in the past.

To date I have no resolution to the issue - in fact the escalation to Rogers resulted in the reply that the modem is offline. Magically, I still use this "offline" modem to write this review.

Teksavvy's hands are tied. Aside from repeatedly telling me that if Rogers doesn't find an issue that I would be charged and additional $100 for the diagnostic, they have been of little help other than lending a sympathetic ear.

I'm at my wit's end. I have asked for someone to call me if they wish to retain me as a customer. If nobody calls me by next week, I will be cancelling this service and returning to Rogers.

If you rely on your connection, I would suggest you approach Teksavvy with caution. My experience tells me that even though everything should work and switch may be easy, if you run into problems, those problems will become YOUR problems, not Teksavvy's or Rogers' problems.

member for 3.1 years, 816 visits, last login: a few hours ago