TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by crt See Profile

• Location: Kitchener,ON
Good "Higher bandwidth cap, fair prices, and direct customer service via dslreports forums are all advantages over Rogers."
Bad "Once a year when it's time to upgrade the infrastructure, everything goes back to the dark ages."
Overall "Best residental ISP for Kitchener/Waterloo compared to other competition."

UPDATE - December 9, 2014
Still on 45/4, service since last update has been same as always. But who cares I guess. I doubt their customer service can help me, so I won't even bother. Just going to wait to get back to intermittent 45/4 when Rogers fixes the problem, which I suspect will take 2-3 months.

»www.dropbox.com/s/qwpnwtca8gpe9z···0.15.png

Upload test won't even connect.

UPDATE - July 17, 2013
Upgraded to 45/4 from 28/1. Not impressed by the speeds at all.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2842651967.png

Guess I'll wait for Rogers to fix it, like always. I should have stayed on 28/1. Keeping review scores the same, except for connection reliability. It has been god awful for years.

UPDATE - April 4, 2013
Modem fiasco is being resolved quickly. More updates after I see how the provisioning process goes. Hopefully my current modem does not prematurely deactivate before the new one is ready. Also, I was mistaken about the rates. I'm in Rogers territory, not Cogeco, which is more expensive.

UPDATE - April 3, 2013
Compared to when I first came to TekSavvy, the speeds and stability is much better.

Recently, I ordered a new modem and its been a week with no email for invoice/payment details. Looks like ATPIA rates are more money for slower speeds anyways. I give up again, just going to keep giving them my money because there's nothing better available. Maybe someday I can give a 100% rating.

UPDATE - Sept. 26, 2011
My theory on how Teksavvy is dealing with the network congestion. Step 1) Send Email to Rogers. Step 2) Wait 48 hours. Step 3) Done.

ORIGINAL review
TekSavvy pre sales information and install co-ordination is all a clever lure to take you away from Rogers for more of the same.

I'm supposed to be getting 15 Mbps downstream. For 2 months I'm lucky to get 1 Mbps for more than 12 hours a day.

Direct support forum takes 2 years to respond to any problems. The same drivel is given every time: "Rogers is upgrading, just be patient".

Value for money is terrible with activations fees when I was already on Rogers and had a modem already. They had to send two techs out to look at my modem lights and say 'Okay you're good'. The techs were not even Rogers employees. For all I know they could have been there to steal my TV.

The monthly fees and bandwidth caps are fine. Not that I'll ever reach 300 gb with a 1 Mbps connection. It's still better value than the lightest Rogers package. Though, not by very much.

Highly NOT recommended. Go with DSL or something else.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Your Modem order

Hello,

Would you please post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum as we would like to discuss the Modem with you.

Thanks,

join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
·TekSavvy Cable

Massive outage

Do you realize that there is a massive outage today affecting all ATPIA clients: »[OUTAGES] July 17th

I would recommend holding off on speedtests and updating your review on the 45/4 until the smokes clears from these fiber cut/routing issues.