TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by yyzUnderdog See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Good "Like the price, speed, independent spirit, personal touches, support from reseller"
Bad "Spotty performance in the evening hours"
Overall "If you have a stable Rogers Cable connection, probably worth looking at - that's what I did"

So far, so good with Teksavvy. I had a great TSI reseller walk me through the process and had dual rogers and TSI lines up for about 1 month just in case I didn't like the service. All things considered, a little less reliable than Rogers, and some more noticable slowdowns at peak, but worth the effort.

Not looking back. And fingers crossed that TSI balances out their quality of service.

member for 12.9 years, 5188 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
Beef Eater

join:2012-02-14
North York, ON

is it possible to have concurrent TSI & Rogers connections?

How did you manage to have a dual Rogers and TSI setup? A TSI rep have just told me over the phone that I cannot have both at the same time; it is either Rogers or TSI. Meaning, I have to pull the plug on Rogers before I can test the TekSavvy IP connection.

I am terrified of switching to a service that is not really reliable in my area, and would love to test it for a couple of months before pulling the plug on my current provider, Rogers. The Rogers cable internet has been very reliable here, but it costs $$$, usually comes with a term contract, and the monthly traffic limits are somewhat imposing, unless you pay more $$$.

Please can you tell if there is a way to have a TSI line running while maintaining the current Rogers connection. Is it what you managed to do?

yyzUnderdog
join:2001-11-24
Mississauga, ON

Re: is it possible to have concurrent TSI & Rogers connections?

Yes. You are correct. I think it was how the order was placed by my tsi reseller. It was a "new" line for a basement as opposed to replacing the Rogers setup. When the tech arrived, he was great. It saved him work. He tested the line and I had him close the ticket right there from his laptop which activated it. He was very pleasant and helpful. Once that was done I had two active lines. Used tsi exclusively until I was satisfied and then closed down Rogers a month later.
-Tim
Beef Eater

join:2012-02-14
North York, ON

Re: is it possible to have concurrent TSI & Rogers connections?

Thank you. A new line... now it makes sense!