TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by zurk See Profile

• Location: Vancouver,BC
Good "excellent service no issues."
Bad "website needs improvement."
Overall "still a good quality service. doing the best they can do."

too many complainers on forum but i have been with ts for 3 yrs with no issues and only 2 6hr downtimes. 25/2.5 on sb5101 i got free.

TS has raised their rates significantly with practically no warning so im a bit unhappy. still more competitive than shaw and telus here at 25 megs so staying on for now. for new customers it makes little sense at these rates.

update:

another year gone by, rates have dropped to what they were previously so $/meg is now good for new customers. a few problems with pings/packet loss which were resolved in 2 days. problem of low bandwidth (10Mbps instead of 24Mbps at peak times and normal otherwise) now since they changed their routing in BC. hopeful of an upgrade as marc promised on the forums it will be soon to bring bandwidth up to 24mbps at peak times. i still do not have a backup internet connection but might get a DSL thru another reseller here in BC if they continue to have routing issues. so far teksavvy is up 99.97% with Downtime 2h 56m and Number of Downtimes 53 over 1 year. much better than 2 years ago.

another update and another year gone by:

TSI bandwidth is now full at peak again and all ping issues are resolved. no more complaints about routing. i have decided not to go with a backup internet connection for now as they are more reliable than before.

Update after 6 months -- I had a five day outage which cost me significant money + time due to Shaw - I have now added a lightspeed DSL second line and bonded it with a Zyxel USG300 security gateway. All seems fine now. Not blaming TSI for it but it was very stressful.

Comments:

EAgergrg

@teksavvy.com

This is what passes as a 'review' here?

Because you're one of the lucky ones on uncongested POI's, we're complainers?

OK there, sir. Flawed logic; shitty review.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
·TekSavvy DSL

"too many complainers on forum ....

I couldn't agree more with your comment. I've been with TSI since 2009 and had nothing but the best customer service and internet performance at a fair price. Unfortunately I don't go into the forum much anymore. I'm just sick of the whining and the petty complaints. Too bad too, the forum used to be a great place to hang out and learn.
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Re: "too many complainers on forum ....

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Thanks for the Update

Thanks for posting an update. Always happy to see people continue to enjoy the service & see that we are trying to keep pace with the demand.

Best Regards,
Martin

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

Thank you for the update! :)

Hello,

I happy to hear you’re still enjoying the service. We certainly do apologize for any inconvenience during an outage. We do work diligently to resolve outages as quickly as possible for our customers.

As always if you have any further questions please send us a message in the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are happy to help you.

Thank you for the updated review and keeping us posted on your TekSavvy Journey!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee