TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by OrlyMcC See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "Time to connect"
Bad "Tech support, customer support, reliability"
Overall "No Internet service and disappointing technical support"

We switched from Rogers to teksavvy last month after getting fed up with deplorable service from Rogers. Our experience with teksavvy was worse. We lost Internet service four days ago, spent countless hours on hold, had several calls dropped with no follow-up, and we're given no info about how or when service would be restored. Apparently the issue was with the Rogers cable so we were still at their mercy, only even more so as a teksavvy customer. Any info we got was second hand from Rogers and made no sense.

After spending two hours in hold today and getting cut off and not getting called back after explicitly asking to be contacted if the call was dropped, we decided to cancel our service. I spoke to a supervisor in customer support who said he could cancel the account. When I asked if we could get a credit fit the last several days of non-service he said I'd have to talk to tech support. He transferred me. Another 45 minutes on hold only to be told we couldn't get credited because account was cancelled. Really???? Goodbye and good riddance. We would not recommend teksavvy to anyone, particularly anyone who is looking for an alternative to Bell or Rogers. The only difference, apparently, is that support is even worse if the issue is with one of those two providers - maybe because you're b-listed as a non-Bell/non-Rogers customer.

Sent from my iPhone

Comments:

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

Very Sorry to hear this..

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear this, yes we have been experiencing some intermittent outages over the past few days and we are working rectify the issue.

Can you please PM me and I will look into this further for you.

Thanks
Pierre A
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
VP Operations

JaimeRR

@ttc.ca

Re: Very Sorry to hear this..

I'm having the same problem. I've been waiting for three weeks just to get my new account online. I've had two unsuccessful visits from Rogers technicians that don’t care to solve the problem – they bail as soon as they can and then it’s impossible to get them to come back. I’m so disappointed - - I’m probably going to have to go back to Rogers or Bell.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Rogers to TSI

I'm confused , why would ROBBERS be involved with DSL ?

Re: Rogers to TSI

That's my fault. I should have chosen teksavvy cable rather than teksavvy dsl. I blame the fact that I had to make the post on my phone since I couldn't access the internet on my computer.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Re: Rogers to TSI

said by OrlyMcC:

No Problem , i was just confused why Rogers was involved with this . If you acquired TSI cable and already have Rogers internet all you would need to do is switch modems and wait to be activated ( provisioned )

·TekSavvy Cable

Furthermore...in disappointing customer service land

To add insult to injury... after I spent 40 minutes on hold waiting to talk to a customer service rep to cancel the account and probably another 15, at least, waiting to be transferred to tech support to discuss a refund for the days we didn't have Internet (because tech support looks after that? Really?), I connected with a tech support rep, gave all the account validation info again (name of account holder, phone number, address, method of payment) and was told he would have to out me on hold to talk to his supervisor. Supervisor denied the request for a refund so I asked to speak to the supervisor. Back on hold ... holding, holding... finally back to the tech support rep who told me his supervisor couldn't speak with me because I wasn't the account holder. So I had to put my husband in the line. Because apparently it's 1920. Pretty sure this has got to be a strategy to get people just to give up and hang up. Probably good for managing call volume, but not a great strategy for a customer satisfaction standpoint. Whatever. At the end of the call, still no compensation for lost service. Time to move on. Lesson learned. Friends who were thinking of moving to TS notified.

TSI Danielle
join:2012-05-31

Re: Furthermore...in disappointing customer service land

Hi,

I'm sorry for the experience that you've had. We can certainly have a look at everything and see if we can rectify the situation for you.

Could you please post your account information into »TekSavvy Direct so that we can have a look and see what can be done to fix things.

Danielle