TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by Pavel See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
Bad "cannot track internet usage, very long waiting time"
Overall "can be better"

·TekSavvy DSL
On Oct 21 we got connected to TekSavvy. Before we were with Rogers.

Couple of comments...

- When I called and selected option 'new customer' , Teksavvy rep answered right away, but when I selected 'existing customer'-> 'technical support' I was waiting for about 20-30 minutes (called about 5-6 times in last 10 days and same ridiculous waiting time even when I called in the afternoon hours).

- I have cable 28Mbps and 300GB cap, however, when I wanted to check my internet usage online, I couldn't find this info.

I called tech support (talked to Brad) and he said that even over the phone I cannot get my usage! Also he said that it's impossible to get notification when I used 75% of cap!

This sounds ridiculous! TekSavvy doesn't give me option to track usage, but wants to charge for over-usage!

Also Brad advised to google and install 3rd party usage tracking software... OK, assume I'll do it, but what if my tracking software telling me that i used 270G and Teksavvy tells that I used 350G?!

Another thing .... we have 4 laptops and PS3 , all of them using Internet... should I install 3rd party software on every machine?!

In my opinion, TekSavvy should NOT charge for over-usage until their customers can track this usage on teksavvy portal.

Comments:

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Usage Tracker

Hi Pavel,

To answer a few comments you have on your review...

Yes our Q time has been busy as of late. We've been hiring additional agents & will be opening a new call centre shortly as the demand for help is climbing & we are attempting to keep up with the demand.

As for the Usage, we are currently working with Rogers to provide a tool that will allow customers to view their usage. At this time, we don't have a tool to allow this, and although we do say you can be charged for overusage, we won't as we would need a tool as well to do so. We are currently not charging for overusage, but if the tool does become available, and you do go over, then the responsibility for the overusage would be yours. Since no tool is provided, we aren't subjecting our customer to overusage charges. We do try to have our customer work on a honorary system and placing a trust on our customers. If you would like to keep an eye on your usage, then we do recommend a third party tool such as the following : »www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

This may help keep a close eye on average usage & help you take the best decision as to which service would best fit your needs. Now, do keep in mind as you have probably not noticed this, but the price difference between the 300GB & Unlimited plan is 25$. Note that the Overage charges on the 300GB plan do max out at 25$ which is the same as an unlimited service.

Hope this will have clarified you comments.

As for the review goes, would it be possible for you to elaborate the reasoning behind your score of 0% for Tech Support & 25% for services so that we may try to implement something to fix those related issues.

Thanks for your review

Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin
Pavel

join:2012-10-31
Mississauga, ON
·TekSavvy DSL

Re: Usage Tracker

Martin, thank you for your fast reply!
Your responce was pretty fair.
I rated 25% for services because of the reply I got over the phone regarding usage. After your reply I can increase
Yes, we never used in the past even more than 130G, but now we extensivly watching streaming TV and I'm not sure what can be the usage. I just hate to be charge for things that you cannot control.
Another issue that we experience is unstable trafic, we have 28mbps, but in evening hours it can be as low as 8mbps (uses your speedtest)... this is too much (too slow ) in my opinion ... also almost 2-3 times per day we have temporary short-time internet disconnection...
As per Tech Support rating.... in my opnion if ALWAYS I have to wait on the phone 30-40 min ( and in some cases I just disconnected because of the long wait) it's unacceptable (and this is one of the reasons we disconnected from Rogers)

TSI Martin
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

Hi Pavel,

If you could post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum so we can have a look at the slow speed issue you speak of.

As for the wait times on the phone we do have a callback system. Although we only keep it active during the hours of 9-6 as we've had complaints of late callbacks at night.

Regards,
Martin
TSI Martin (Escalations / Social Media) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow me on Twitter : @TSIMartin

KA

@bell.ca

Re: Usage Tracker

What number do you call to place a callback request?

I have been trying to get in touch with Tek Savvy for two days straight waiting over an hour each time to speak with someone, then eventually hanging up because my battery dies.

I want to sign up for new internet service but am re-thinking my decision as these wait times are hideous. Any suggestions?

Thanks

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Hi KA,

I am very sorry about the wait times, the queues have been really busy lately and we have people in training at our Chatham office and we also have a new office opening up in Gatineau shortly. You can always place your order on our website at www.teksavvy.com. If you have questions please feel free to PM me TSI Jonathan See Profile at anytime.

TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.
Pavel

join:2012-10-31
Mississauga, ON
Martin, for some time speed was more or less OK, but last several weeks it's extremely slow, as per your advice I opened thread on link you provided
nofalal

join:2013-03-14
At this time, we don't have a tool to allow this.

Year 2013, I called teksavvy , and they still don't have the tool. Only people with VL number can track the usage and they don't provide it only to Quebec's customers. Wow 7 years and no tracking tools . I was going to sign today for the cable but reading this made me call them to check; and yes they don't allow tracking, but they can track your usage and the bad thing they don't notify you, but man their prices are attractive, but without tracking , doesn't help. By the way any other company that allows tracking ?