TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by King Sull See Profile

• Location: Etobicoke,ON
Good "Friendly support, un-throttled service. Solid."
Bad "Hookup fee (Even if you have a pre existing line), It does go down time to time."
Overall "I would recommend to anyone on the Rogers/Bell network that does a lot of torrenting."

- I've been with Teksavvy for about a year now in the Etobicoke area. When I first joined, they sent a technician to my house to hook me up to cable. I had already told them that I was transferring over from Robbers. I told the tech that, he looked confused, and he ended up leaving after doing nothing.

- The service will sometimes go down(very rarely). But considering that Rogers owns the network, Teksavvy can't do anything about it.

- If your using a DOCSIS 2.0 modem, consider upgrading to 3.0 to take full advantage of your connection. It makes a big difference.

- I'm transferring over to start because they offer better deals at the moment. Soon as the CRTC rulings are over, I'm sure Teksavvy will speed match hopefully and I'll come running back.

References for speed:

Teksavvy:
»teksavvy.com/en/residential/internet/cable

Start:
»start.ca/services/highspeed

Comments:

TSI Taunia
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

Review

Hello,

Thank you for your comment, we always love to hear from our customers.

When ever our customers experience disruptions in service we try to get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

We definitely agree with you regarding the modem. Having a Docsis 3.0 modem gives customer the opportunity to enjoy the higher speeds if they decide to upgrade.

We're sorry to hear that you are leaving Teksavvy. We do hope you'll rejoin the family again in the future. We are all anxiously awaiting the decision from the CRTC too, so we can offer our customers the higher speeds at competitive rates.

Taunia