TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by tristen1230 See Profile

• Location: Belleville,ON
Good "Tech Support, Pre Sales and the Value is Great!!!! Getting up to 16 Mbps download and 2 up on a 14 Mbps download 1 up plan!"
Bad "Very Good Service and Internet"
Overall "Great Service"

I am becoming a beta tester for Cable! Right now I know those 3 things due to my past experience with Teksavvy DSL which was great. I will be adding some more to my review soon.

02/10/2013 - The week went by so quick! Cannot wait for tomorrow!

02/11/2013 - The day has come!!!!! So I did a speedtest and I am surprised with the results. I am on a 14 down and 1 up plan and I am actually getting more then 14 down sometimes (have gotten up to 16 while downloading) and am getting 2 up. Better speeds then what I was getting with Cogeco. Do not know if this will change once it becomes public in my area but for know I am very happy!

02/23/2013 - I am so far really happy. While downloading so far my highest speed is 20 Mbps while downloading and average is from 14 Mbps - 17 Mbps on a DOCSIS 2.0.

03/26/2013 - Got the DOCSIS 3.0 modem today. Got swapped through the Cogeco system and getting perfect 20 Mbps speeds. Thanks Teksavvy! Also Teksavvy offers to take my other modem back free shipping. Only had to pay $25 dollars more for the DOCSIS 3.0 since it was more expensive than the 2.0.

06/18/2013 - Just took a Speedtest at 12 noon and speeds as advertised!

12/14/2013 - I haven't updated my review in awhile, so I will now. Since my last update everything has been fantastic. I can't remember any outages I have experienced or slowness in my speed. I am still getting advertised speeds and even 4 Mbps upload which is 2 Mbps over the advertised which is great! Thanks Teksavvy!

Comments:

TSI Keith
join:2012-07-09

Your review

Hello,

Firstly, I would just like to thank you for your current review. It is great to hear all was well with your DSL service, thank you for taking the time to let us know!

Secondly, yes, please do let us know how things go with the cable.

Keith
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

TSI Marty
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
Thank you for the updates, We are ecstatic your enjoying the services!
romeom
Techguy135

join:2007-03-06
Belleville, ON
·TekSavvy DSL
Also in Belleville, I had the 14meg(20 real world) speeds which was great.. until 4:30pm. Then from 4:30pm-11:30pm less then a meg most of the time.

Cogeco would say, "there is no congestion in that area". Bahah.

Cogeco was completely useless in communications with Teksavvy and offered no sign that they would be interested in fixing the issue. They kept saying unplug your modem from your router because you have a virus... then they would test it and tell me I still had a virus when it was only the modem connected.

I can tell you that there is no magical modem virus pixie at this time LOL.

Terrible local POI and no sign that they will increase or fix it in the near future.

Switched back to DSL.

The inter-company communication definitely needs to be addressed as the gap there isn't getting any smaller.

tristen1230

join:2010-12-26
Belleville, ON
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Interesting find also in the BETA before roll out.

I was with Cogeco. Once my phone was out and they made me rearange the wires and since that did not work they checked their lines and nothing was wrong so they refused to send a tech out. They finally did after I asked them many time. Nearest they could do was a week. So no phone for a week. Internet was also out. So no phone or internet for a week. The guy came over and a squirrel chewed on a wire.

Old Martin
join:2006-02-23
Thanks for the update. Glad to see things are working properly for you.

Regards,
Martin

Old Martin
join:2006-02-23
Glad to see all is still working & that you are satisfied with the service.

Never hesitate to let us know if you have encounter any issues.

Regards,