TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by afh081 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Customer Service, Price, Cap"
Bad "Download speed"
Overall "Fix my problem"

I've had the 28/1 package since July 2012. I didn't have any issues with connecting the cable modem and getting online. Plugged it in, and everything worked just fine. Had no issues until the end of Feb/Start of march. From 5PM until 1AM Mon-Fri, and all day on saturday and sunday, my download speed drops from 28mbps to 2-6mbps. When I need to download work files (about 45-60megs each), it used to take seconds, getting 3-4 MBps, now it takes over half an hour.

I have called TSI 5 or 6 times in the last two weeks, and I have also emailed them with my problems. While they support people are great, they have no idea what's going on. Rogers "claims" that everything is fine, although it is clearly not, and I was told that changes to TSI network which are "estimated" to take place at the end of May *might* fix my problem, but they don't know.

I was told there is nothing they can do, nor will they offer me any sort of credit (even though I could get the same service I am getting now for much less). They have never suggested a technician actually come out and investigate this issue during the times it takes place. Basically....."nothing we can do. sorry"

I really like this company, and what they offer, but these speeds are killing me. It just so happens to take place during "peak hours" (forgive me for thinking rogers is throttling the lines). I also understand that there is normal traffic congestion, but this is a bit much? How much p0rn could my neighbours be downloading to cause this type of speed decrease?

Please help resolve this issue, Tek Savvy. Don't make me switch back to Rogers.

UPDATE - March 26th: After signing up on this site, I was messaged by Marc. He informed me about backhauling links on a POI in my area that appear to be causing my nightly download speed issues (from what I've read on here, I am not the only person having the exact same problem). Marc said I should see improvements tomorrow.

member for 1 year, 7 visits, last login: 1 year ago
updated 1 year ago

Comments:

MJB

join:2012-01-29
·VMedia
·ACN DSL

Rogers Problem Not Teksavvy

I guess rogers needs to upgrade to ftth... same as bell... lazy isp's won't upgrade !

cable is shared.... dsl is slow and depends on the distance from the co..

internet sucks in canada.... google fiber...

Sorry that your teksavvy cable is slow. Rogers is at fault, they own the lines... not teksavvy..

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

Let's invesitgate this further for you

Can you please PM me and I will get my team to investigate. I want to keep you as a loyal TekSavvy customer!

Thanks,
Pierre A
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24

Your Review

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. I would like to help you with this situation. Please post your account information in the Direct forum so I can look into this for you!!

Thanks again
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee

Got TekSavvy?
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

Update

Hi afh081,

Thanks for posting an update

This morning at 3am, our first POI was moved over to aggregated so that should have some affect on the backhaul links.

Let us know if you see any improvements.

Cheers,

Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog
afh081

join:2013-03-19
Toronto, ON

Re: Update

Was this for the Scarlett POI? I've been told this is the one I am on.

Got TekSavvy?