TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by SKBrampton See Profile

• Location: Brampton,ON
Good "It has been EXCELLENT for 3 to 4 years at my previous address in Brampton in L7A postal code"
Bad "I am only getting the speed of 3 to 7 Mbps download speed but I am subscribed for 18Mbps"
Overall "I am looking for another ISP provider as HelpDesk isn't getting my problem nor investigating my problem"

Since January this year I have been having incredibly slow connection to the Internet even though I have been subscribed to 18Mbps. The speed stays between 3 to 7 mbps and sometime it is even lower than what I said here. I can't load any page when it goes really down.

I called the Teksavvy and talked to someone at the Help desk who had me go through the following: power cycle the modem, had my computer direct connect to the cable modem, had reset / factory reset the modem, had me ping many addresses 50 times and the to send the results to Teksavvy. I was told that there seems to be a problem and they will have Rogers to investigate and also had me book an appointment if a tech needs to visit my place.

Few days passed, no calls back from anyone. I called back and I got someone else who had no clue of what went wrong and no details what I have been through. So I had to go through the same thing again and was told that they will contact me back BUT nothing happened.

Weeks and another week passed, called them back and I got very frustrated. The help desk was still telling me that the problem was not on their end and it was on my end. While I was on the phone with them the download speed came back to normal. When I say normal it usually stays between 18 to 25 or 30 Mbps.

Two months passed and I am back on the same boat again. I have been a happy customer for the last 4 years but it can't stay happy forever.

Please let me know if there's another ISP I can choose (not Rogers or Bell)

Thanks for the understanding.

member for 1.2 years, 6 visits, last login: 1 year ago
lodged 1 year ago

Comments:
Tristan

join:2006-09-10
Nepean, ON
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
·TekSavvy Cable

1 recommendation

Alternate ISP's

I recommend Start Communications. So far, my satisfaction with Start is higher than that of Teksavvy. My switchover from Teksavvy to Start was relatively painless, and aside from a few days of downtime (thanks to Teksavvy not releasing the modem I own on the day my service ended with them), it didn't really cost me anything (free installation).

The wait-times in the Start phone queue are smaller too. I have never had to wait longer than a couple of minutes to speak with someone. I've spent more than two hours in TSI's phone queue (total accumulated time over several calls).

I don't think this will solve your problem initially, if it's a node congestion issue. You may be less frustrated with Start's representatives. Inevitably though, I do recommend you vote with your wallet. If TSI isn't working for you, take your money elsewhere.

dslreports.com user ratings:
Teksavvy 6-month rating: 81%
Start 6-month rating: 97%
SKBrampton

join:2013-02-01
Brampton, ON
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: Alternate ISP's

Tristan, thanks for your support. This is my very first review in my life as I have been frustrated with TSI. I just don't understand why the Help Desk isn't listening to us when we call. Thanks for letting me know about the Start Communications and I have read good reviews about them. I will let you know what I decide.

Thanks again.

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Review

Hello SKBrampton,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I am truly sorry to see you encountered so many issues since January. For your speeds to drop this much there is definitely something wrong. Could you please provide me in a PM TSI Jonathan See Profile your account information so that we can investigate the issue.

From what you wrote it looks like we dropped the ball a few times and this is certainly not the type of experience we want any of our customers to have to go through. I am unsure as to what exactly happened but do want to find out so that we can either improve our processes or coach the agent(s) you spoke to. We strive to make our customers happy and we certainly don't want to see a loyal customer leave after being with us for 4 years.

TSI Jonathan
E-Services Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.