TekSavvy Cable page on DSLReports

Review by cameler1989 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Excellent signal strength, superior speed, outstanding customer service"
Bad "Helpless at times, provides service over Rogers infrastructure, unreliable"
Overall "A great alternative for those that want great speeds at affordable prices, you DO HAVE TO COMPROMISE over realiability though."

Signed up for TSI cable internet in March, the service was up and running very quickly and I was pleased with the process.

I received excellent speeds... over the advertised number in fact, and I could not have been happier with the service.

However, the internet suddenly went out on August the 18th.

What followed was a real live example of the troubles and struggles customers have with TSI because of the incumbent providers. First, in order to receive support I had to have the latest firmware running on the modem.

Apparently, they did not have the ability to push an update through directly to the modem. Anyways, the modem swap took a week. Then after the swap, I had to have the modem provisioned by Rogers. This took another TWO WEEKS believe it or not. They said Rogers was extremely busy at the time and nothing could be done to help me out. Escalations were not answered.

After that, the new modem was provisioned and yet I still didn't have a signal to my apartment. I decided to call again and have a Rogers technician come to my home and fix the issue. This took ANOTHER WEEK.

So, in total, I was out of service from August the 18th to September the 18th. A whole month.

The final reason for the outage? It wasn't anything to do with TSI, it was a Rogers technician that suddenly got the urge to disconnect me from the cable utility box on the outside of my apartment building because I was not a cable TV customer with Rogers. The poor buggers thought I was leaching their TV?

I don't even have a TV in my home because I don't waste my life watching advertisements like a loser.

So, I believe they were sending me a message... sign up with our cable TV OR ELSE. Message received Rogers, message received.

Once my apartment was reconnected I was back to the great speeds and all was well.

I stayed as a customer because I honestly couldn't believe what was happening. In this day and age, where there are free wi fi connections for the general public in progressive places such as Seoul, Korea and others, here I was forced into buying a secondary DSL connection just to make sure I was online to do my business.

Throughout the process, I was in touch with real actual English speaking Canadians that made the ordeal a little easier to handle.

Anyways, I have no problems with Teksavvy as a company. They offer superior and unbeatable data transfer rates at speeds that are adequate for any techie or person that downloads stuff like steam games or movies off Netflix... They just get manhandled sometimes by the big guys in the room that like to cuddle with them without consent.

I am greatly saddened however, to see something as vital as infrastructure held in private hands. The internet is becoming something we can't live without, like the 401 and 427 that people take to work.

No, I don't want my damn internet to be like the 407. It should be free to all. The conglomerates are making a KILLING providing slow speeds at impossibly low bandwidth caps.

I love Teksavvy because I don't have to think about how much I download, the speed is great, and the Signal itself... is ROCK solid where I live.

Keep up the good fight, I'll hang on as your customer for as long as there aren't better alternatives out there.

By the numbers I have to give TSI a 3 star rating for service. Being out for as long as I was is completely unacceptable. Everything else is great as far as I'm concerned.

Comments:

TSI Ashleigh
join:2013-02-24
Chatham, ON

Review

Hello Cameler1989,

Thank you for the review! I am happy to see you have been enjoying the service for a while with minimal issues. It is unfortunate you were having an issue when our vendor was taking quite some time to respond to us. We do apologize for those delays during the back to school period this year. Now that the service is back up for you I’m happy to see you are receiving a solid connection. This is wonderful to see.

If you have any questions in the future please message us through the Direct Forum »TekSavvy Direct. We are happy to assist.

Thanks again for this review and please keep us posted on your TekSavvy Journey!

TSI-Ashleigh
TSI Ashleigh - E-Services.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee