Frontier FiOS page on DSLReports

Review by Cyberian75 See Profile

• Location: Beaverton,Washington,OR
Good "Solid Connection"
Bad "None so far"
Overall "I wouldn't switch"

My original review is at »/comment/59329

The transition from Verizon to Frontier was as smooth as possible. But then, I don't have TV with them. I just hope they don't put any caps.

UPDATE 10-25-2011:
I upgraded to their new 25/25 plan with a 2-year contract for $43.69 a month. I had to ask them to reboot my ONT a day after to get the change, though, so it wasn't that smooth. Anyway, I'm now getting 26/25 max. Sweet!

UPDATE 03-15-2012:
Their system conversion screwed up my tier profile, so I was only getting 15 down. A field tech had to come out to contact someone to recreate it after verifying the problem. Unsurprisingly, they've also screwed up my 2-year contract that I agreed to on October 24, 2011. I'm obviously not happy.

UPDATE 03-17-2012:
I called in to inquire, and surely enough, they couldn't find my contract; however, my monthly fee didn't change. So I agreed to a 2-year contract for a 5% discount. Now I get around 26/23 max.

UPDATE 10-10-2013:
I was having some kind of DHCP issue for 3 days; i.e., my router couldn't pull an IP address unless I call in and ask them to connect me manually. I had to call in 7 times, and a dispatch was scheduled finally; however, the issue resolved itself on the scheduled day. Thereafter, it's been rock solid and even faster. I get 26/25 max.

member for 10.6 years, 2852 visits, last login: a few hours ago