NetTalk page on DSLReports

Review by freakout9903 See Profile

• Location: Gastonia,Gaston,NC
Good "$29.95/year VoIP Service, Free Number Port, and quick setup!"
Bad "Calls occasionally don't go through, just hang up, redial and it works."
Overall "Saving hundreds of dollars over the phone/cable company phone options!"

Ordered my NetTalk Duo from newegg.com for 49.99+.99 3day shipping. Received my NetTalk 3 business days later. Plugged it into my LAN, it immediately gave me a dial tone. I gave the mac address of the device, sip&rdp protocols higher priority through the QoS on my router. Call quality since is very good, with very little & almost no delay. It's been working great since for all our needs. I have it setup to forward to my Google Voice number for voicemail/messages and it also works great for the $20 brother fax machine I got for my wife's job. My Internet is U-verse 12mbit/1.5mbit . Thinking about getting another one to travel with for the price since it also works through usb. I'd highly recommend this to save some money!

UPDATE 12/26/12 - After almost a year, I am still happy with the net-talk service. It works for what I need it for, the occasional phone call that I don't use my cell for, and I forward all my missed calls to my Google Voice, which gives me my messages through email/text. I have had some problems faxing out of state but for me its not a huge deal. Occasionally I get an echo or choppy voice, but for the price I am a happy customer! Their web interface has let me block anonymous calls which filters out a ton of crap! I will be purchasing a wifi duo soon for my parents, they want to cut their 30/month twc phone which they rarely even use.

Comments: