eyesurf page on DSLReports

Review by BGB See Profile

• Location: Waterloo,ON
Good "Not on Bell GAS, ADSL2, Unlimited data"
Bad "Fairly Limited area"
Overall "If you can get it, and don't want the higher speeds of cable, its a good value for DSL"

·TekSavvy Cable
I switched to them while waiting for TSI cable since I could no longer handle the slow GAS speeds and the upcoming threat of UBB, and I am extremely satisfied with them as a DSL provider. They are using Fibernetics, which limits them to certain parts of KW, and I am not getting the full 10mbit, (getting maybe 6 due to distance), but it has been pretty much solid (Only one outage so far, and when I emailed them they informed me they were aware, and also emailed me back when it was fixed). And for the extra $5 bucks or so, I just got the phone instead of going with a dry loop.

Not really worth getting it on contract since all you really save is some install fees. Installation went smoothly, only downtime between the old connection and new connection was when the line was switched to Fibernetics from GAS but that was just a matter of not having the login until the tech came by.

They were responsive to my questions before I signed up, often replying to my emails within hours of me sending them.

If you want DSL over cable, and can get them I would strongly recommend them. (I am even considering if I should keep it as a backup to the cable connection when I do get it.)

Comments: