Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by BellFibeFan See Profile

• Location: Montreal
Good "Stable Service and Speed are as Advertized"
Bad "Price is bit high but still well worth it"
Overall "Excellent service!!!"

I order Fibe 25 / 7 on November 25th from Bell.ca and install was scheduled for Monday the 28th from 12pm to 5pm

Installer arrived at around 2:30pm was very friendly and polite.
He ran completely new wiring inside/outside and install a NID outside.
He spent sometime talking to bell on phone and them my service was and running few minutes later.

I have had this service now for little over week and downloaded OpenSuse 12.1 under 23 minutes at 3mbit/s

Most download when the servers on the other end are willing and able to provide the speed go very fast.

Youtube/Netflix stream are great to watch have rarely had stream start buffering.

I did notice a little slowdown during peak usage times but this was once or twice for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.

DNS servers seem bit sluggish at times during day as get looking up host for little bit but sorts itself out this as occured least 4 times but it's minor annoyance and can always switch to using OpenDNS.

I have cap of 100GB of month normaly use about 80GB monthly when was with VDN

Feel free add request for test you like me to run and will post results here.

I will update this mini review in few weeks.

UPDATE Jan 17 2012:
Service is still rock solid but finding it hard stay under my cap think 100gb cap it too little but otherwhise still very happy with my service from Bell Internet.

I have noticed bit of slowdown during peak times more often but falling to 23mbit during these times is nothing to really complain about.

Comments: