Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by ajhaji See Profile

• Location: North York,ON
Good "Consistently fast, even during peak hours. Low pings. Fast upload."
Bad "Very low monthly usage limit, high price."
Overall "Reliable and fast service for those who don't do much downloading."

·AEI Internet
·Anveo
I have been a Bell customer off and on for the past several years. I've posted a review of my (quite poor) experience with Bell's DSL service in another review. This one will focus on their new offering, Bell Fibe.

I was fed up with inconsistent speeds on my existing cable Internet service, so I decided to jump ship. I purchased the grab-and-go kit from Dell for $7.99, which gives me 4 months of service. I signed up for the Fibe 25 service--might as well, since it doesn't cost me any more. Call was answered fairly quickly and an appointment was made for that same weekend. Pretty good so far.

The installer arrived 3 hours early. The install window was quoted as 12 PM to 5 PM, and he arrived at 9 AM. He claimed that the sales reps make these mistakes all the time. It wasn't a big deal, but it could have been a disaster if I had not been home at the time. Installation was quick and painless; he checked the wiring in my house and plugged in the modem. I was up and running within 30 minutes. Speed tests reported the full 25 Mbps/7 Mbps speeds I should be getting on the Fibe 25 service.

Up until recently I was having issues with the connection dropping for about 2-3 minutes whenever I was torrenting. I got in touch with Bell and asked them to switch my VDSL profile, which seems to have fixed the problem.

I've had the service for 9 months, and so far I'm quite happy. The monthly usage limit is quite low (125 GB) but thanks to a login-only account that I have from another ISP (giving me 300 GB a month), this isn't an issue. My promotional 4 months of service are obviously over, but I called Bell and they offered me a $20/month discount, bringing the price under $50/month. For 25/7 service, that's a pretty good deal.

member for 12.8 years, 4036 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario

1 recommendation

Early Arrival

As far as the tech arriving early, it would be that bad if you weren't home, as they are instructed, to actually go back, or someone else to go back within the scheduled time.