Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by tbb73 See Profile

• Location: Blainville,QC
Good "Amazing speed, no limit, no throttling... like internet should be in 2013"
Bad "Sagemcom hub and the fact that Bell forces us to use it. It is almost a deal breaker for me."
Overall "If you're willing to pay some money for a real service this is it but be aware of the drawbacks."

Got Bell Fibe over a year ago. Installation was a bit painful and took some time (a full day) but at the end it is an excellent service. Having real fibre coming in the house is a real advantage and I should be good for years to come with this technology.

Speed is amazing but you obviously need Gb connection to benefit from it. Bell do not throttle in any way which is really surprising and highly appreciated! I can easily get full speed both ways... imagine... 175Mbps (4ms ping), both ways at the same time... welcome to 2013!

Now, with the option to get it fully unlimited it makes it even better. Both of my kids are real Netflix junkie and so is my wife... Now they can watch whatever they want, in HD and I do not have to worry at all.

Almost forgot... the TV (even if we do not watch it much) is way better than Videotron or Bell TV. The whole PVR is very useful, image quality is above average, the guide and interface is WAY nicer than the ugly Videotron interface and the receivers are also a lot fasters.

Comments: